Saturday, July 08, 2006



Somehow you can never seem to capture the beauty of a sunset with a camera. These days are monsoon season here and so we have had quite a bit of rain and sometimes we have incredible sunsets with all manners of color displayed in them. During the night we have silent lightning across the sky. I've never experienced it anywhere else in the world. For hours, all across the sky, the lightning pulsates, lighting the darkness, but without the sound of thunder. I like to go up on the terrace and watch it, it's so beautiful.

We had a friend, Ayophy, come over to our house today and she brought her little 6 year old niece. While Ayophy and I were catching up, her niece became quite bored and asked me for some markers and paper. The resulting art is posted above. I thought it was so precious and cute. I said "Who is this?" and she said, "It's you Auntie." (All married women are called Auntie here, even though it makes me feel a little old.) My favorite part was Houser's pants and brown boots. It makes me smile every time.

It's Saturday and the whole day Houser hasn't left the couch. He's doing an Inductive Bible Study on Acts and so has been studying all day long, searching through different Bibles and books. He has a lot of teaching coming up the next couple of weeks in both the DTS and SOFM and just finished a couple of days teaching at a Training Center nearby. This time is really full for both us and it's been quite enjoyable. As he shared, we have so many people coming and going these days and it makes life very interesting.